The following are the rules and requirements for the Purdue University Calumet Department of Communication and Creative Arts---Radio, Television, Organizational, General and Visual Communication internship programs.
- Students must be at least Juniors in good academic standing-having a "B" average.
- Students are required to work a minimum of 15 hours per week for a 3-credit internship during the Fall/Spring . (20 hour minimum during the Summer)
- Students are required to prepare a resume: one copy will be submitted to the Faculty Internship Coordinator and another will be presented to the Agency Internship Supervisor.
- Students are required to schedule an interview with the prospective internship agency before being placed within the program.
- Students must have at least six credit hours of class work in the internship related program. (e.g., two courses in TV production or two courses in public relations.)
- Students must have the approval of the major advisor and the faculty internship coordinator before signing up for an internship.
- Once an internship position is approved, the "Internship Agreement" form must be completed and signed by (1) the student, (2) the agency supervisor, and (3) the Faculty Coordinator.
- Interns are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and follow the sponsoring agency's rules and regulations.
- Internship evaluation will be based on the following:
A. Student self-evaluation (a daily log and a 5- page paper.)
B. Agency supervisor evaluation of student's performance.
C. Faculty evaluation of student's performance.
- If any problems arise, interns should contact the Faculty Internship Coordinator.